Save The Nation is the theme track for Championship. Here various hurdles will be there on the trackwhich may affect to the nation if those hurdles were not removed with the help of Robots. The purpose is to inspire and motivate the youth to design and build robots which can withstand the trials and tribulations of the elite competition.
The challenge is to build your own robot within the specified dimensions in order to achieve the maximum speed to beat other robots on the given track and reach the finishing line in minimum time. The robot must run on the given racetrack. The robot must start behind the starting mark and is considered to have crossed the finishing line if any part of the robot crosses it when the robot has completed a full lap of the course. Your robot must be manually/autonomously controlled, and it should be capable of traversing over different terrain and hurdles without going outside the track. Separate points will be awarded for overcoming the hurdles. The bot with the maximum cumulative points will win the race.
Competition Category :
- Junior: 6-9 years
- Senior: 10-15 years
Last Date for Registration: 10th of Oct 2022.
Date of Competition: 20th Nov 2022.
Venue: Billabong High International School, Vadsar Address : Kalali Vadsar, Ring Rd, Royal Acres, Near, Vadodara, Gujarat 390010
Registration Fee: Rs.6000
Arena Fee: Rs.1500
Kit Price: Rs.6000 (If you have the kit then this is not applicable)
Training Fee: Rs.4000 (If you don’t want to have training for Competition then this is not applicable)
Prizes: Prizes worth Rs.50000 will be awarded to all the winners. Each participant will get the Participation Certificate.
- A match is played by a single participant in one go, with each participant consisting of 1 Wireless/Wired Bot.
- An individual will participate from Any institution (School/College/University/Vocational Institution) or students (within defined age), may participate individually also.
- Construct a remotely controlled wireless/Wired, autonomous, or manual Bot. The robot must not be made from any ready-made kit, if found so, the participant will be disqualified.
- Prepare a video of 1 minute to 5 minutes (maximum 100 MB), showcasing participant readiness, creativity, preparing for challenges, or anything to show passion to participate in RW 2022. Share the video on the link shared to you (as google drive or V transfer) or WhatsApp at +919510268685 mentioning Your Participant Registration ID. The video is preferred to be submitted before 30thSeptember’22. All videos will be uploaded on IBA The Robotized World YouTube channel. The top 5 Maximum views will have special recognition on the day of Championship.
- On the Day of Championship, Participant needs to come with the Robot to run the track. Participant will get the limited time to complete the track with all the hurdle of “SAVE THE NATION” Theme track.
- The participating bots should be wired / wireless and must be controlled remotely. It can be 0 circular / Rectangular in style.
- A bot must fit inside a 30 centimetres wide and 40 centimetres high cube at any point in time. Maximum weight should not be more than 6Kgs.
- Batteries must be sealed, immobilized electrolyte type (gel cell, lithium, NiCad, or dry cells).
- The electric voltage anywhere in the machine should not be more than 12V DC at any point in time for each robot.
- The Bot must not emit infrared light. However, optical sensors (e.g. infrared-distance-sensors) may be used if they do not affect other Bots.
- Infrared light-reflecting materials must not be used on the outside. If robots are painted, they must be painted matte. Minor parts that reflect infrared light could be used only if other robots are not affected. Robots must not produce magnetic interference for other robots on the field.
- If a Participant claims that their robot is affected by the other Participant’s robot in any way they must show proof/evidence of the interference. Any interference must be confirmed by a Referee if a claim is placed by the other team.
- The robot can be autonomous or manually controlled using a Remote-control system.
- Robots must be constructed and programmed in a way that their movement is not limited to only one dimension and must move in all directions.
- Any robotic parts/building material can be used until the robot meets the above specifications and if the design and construction are primarily the original work of the participant as ready-made robots are not allowed to compete in the competition.
- Round 1 (Qualification Round): All the participant will take part and play their robots on track twice as per their schedule in round 1. Best of two will be consider for selection of next round i.e. Round 2. Suppose, Participant 1 earn 200 points in 1st chance and 190 points in 2nd chance then points 200 will be considered for ranking.
- Depending on the no. of participants participated, top 8 or top 4 participants will be considered for the round 2.
- Round 2 (Championship Round): in championship round, selected participants will get the chance to play twice on the track again and points from best of two matches will be considered. Suppose, Participant 1 earn 200 points in 1st chance and 190 points in 2nd chance then points 200 will be considered for ranking.
- Ranking Criteria: for ranking, Points will be considered 1st and if the tie is there in the points then no. of restarts will be considered and if tie is there in that also then time to complete the track will be considered and if there is tie in that then one rematch will there and that will continue until we get the winner.
- Restart rule: If participant robot goes out of the track, then need to take restart. Out of track means one complete wheel is out of the track then only it will be considered out of the track. If metal parts go out then there will be any restart. When Participant take the restart, he is allowed to touch and repair his robot if required. But during the whole process, Timer will remain ON.
- Restart in each zone will be from starting of that Zone only. So, suppose if Robot take restart in Zone 3, it will restart from starting of Zone 3 only.
- There are no limits in taking no. of restart. So, participant can take unlimited no. of restart. But need to take care that timer will be remain ON i.e., for each restart timer is not going to reset.